FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Hier klicken für HÄUFIGE FRAGEN:
Cliquez ici pour les QUESTIONS FRÉQUENTES:
What does ‚ROYALTY FREE‘ mean?
How and where can I use Malestockphotos?
Are there any restrictions?
If you wish you to
use our photo(s) for illustration purposes in the press, for
publicity/advertising, web sites, in business documents, as screen savers for
your cellular phone etc., the royalty free licence is sufficient.
If you wish to integrate our photo(s) into an item or a service destinated to
be sold or distributed, eg. postcards or greeting cards, posters, calendars
etc. you need our extended licence (Royalty Managed).
Most important PERMITTED uses:Malestockphoto grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable,
right to use and reproduce our photos in the following ways:
- On web sites, provided that no photo is
displayed at a resolution greater than 800 x 600 pixels;
- As toolbar skins, screensavers and
mobile phone ‘wallpaper’ for your own personal, non-commercial use, not for
resale, download or distribution.
- As prints, posters, calendars (i.e. a
hardcopy) and other reproductions for your own personal, non-commercial use and
display, not for resale, download or distribution;
- As a single hand painted reproduction
(not as a printed reproduction) on canvas or other material to be used as
decoration and not resold;
- In coordination with opt-in email
marketing. However, photos cannot be used in connection with unsolicited email
- or linked from unsolicited email and no photo may be reproduced.
- On letterhead and business cards,
pamphlets, brochures, catalogs and on pop up and/or panel displays for use in
conventions and trade shows
- In the artwork for the packaging
- Incorporated into software as a
background photo or splash screen, provided that the photo or any digital files
containing the photo cannot be unincorporated from the software.
- In multimedia presentations and
incorporated into film and video for television and/or internet broadcast, and
- In multimedia presentations and
incorporated into film and video for distribution and/or sale in the home video
- As CD or DVD cover art and/or artwork.
- As part of editorial or advertising
copy in magazines, newspapers, books, book covers, textbooks, editorials and
- In eBooks, including multi seat license
- As advertising posters for use in
promoting the sale of other products (as opposed to promoting the sale of the
prints, posters, etc. containing the photos).
- In the event that you create a
derivative work based on or incorporating one or more photos, all rights in and
to such photos shall continue to be owned by Malestockphoto), subject to your
rights to use such photo(s) pursuant to the terms and limitations set forth
- Customer may have the photo(s)
reproduced by subcontractors of customer for preparation of a final product,
provided that such subcontractors fully agree with the terms and conditions of our
licence agreement (for details click to ‚Licence Agreement‘).
Most important NOT permitted uses:
- Customer may not sublicense, sell,
assign, convey or transfer this agreement or any of its rights under this
- make the photo(s) available or
accessible by persons other than authorized users;
- sell, license or distribute any
end product containing the photo(s) in a way that a third party may download,
extract or access the photo(s) as a standalone
- include the photo(s) in an electronic template, eg. website templates, Flash templates etc.
- use the photo(s) to induce or
involving the sale, license or other distribution of ‘on demand’ products, eg. :
- calendars, postcards, greeting cards, e-cards;
- posters, mugs, t-shirts, caps and similar items;
- Photo(s) shall not be incorporated into a logo, trademark or service
- Photo(s) may not be repurposed for use in any mobile-directed web sites
or mobile applications created for
viewing of photo(s) on mobile devices, eg. download of screensavers, wallpapers
- Defamatory or otherwise unlawful use of photo(s) is strictly prohibited.
- The photo(s) must not be used for
religious or political propaganda.
Is account sharing allowed?
No, sharing an account is no different than distributing our materials
to others. Individual accounts must be purchased by your friends and colleagues.
When can MALESTOCKPHOTO be reached directly?
Call us from Monday to Friday between 9 am to 6 pm MET.
Do you also offer collections or sets?
We do not plan to offer collections but we plan to offer complete photo sets
of our models in 2009.
Can I find your photos elsewhere?
No, we are the only and exclusive distributor of our photos.
How often do you update?
Our stocks are updated regularly. Click on ‘Newest Photos’ and sign up
for an RSS feed to be informed about updates.
Who actually is Malestockphoto ?
We are an image bank proposing male photography.
Who can use Malestockphoto?
Malestockphoto is open to everyone. You must be at
least 18 years old.
When was Malestockphoto founded?
was founded in 1993 and went on-line in 2008.
Do you have fixed fees?
Yes, our fees depend on the size of the photo.
Do you have a credit system or subscription
A credit system and subscription options is planned to be
introduced in 2009.
What format are the photos in?
All our photos are in JPG format. Most of our photos can also be
purchased in TIFF format (extended licence). Contact Malestockphoto for more
Can I submit photos to sell?
The only photos that we sell are the ones produced by Malestockphoto.
Do you offer refunds?
For obvious reasons, we can not offer a refund or exchange photos once
your purchase is made. We offer full access to our entire digital collection of
photos; so, select them carefully before purchasing them.
20017 by Malestockphoto; all rights reserved